Sunday, November 7, 2010

Questionaire (because I can)

Remember those annoying questionaires on Myspace that all your friends posted on your page and expected you to waste your precious time doing?  Do you even remember Myspace?


Well, it's Sunday night/Monday morning and I  found an interesting questionaire to do just for the hell of it.  Please note that this is all in fun.

1. What, in your opinion is the most important division within the human race? (e.g. smokers/non-smokers, Conservative/Labour, desktop/laptop
 
 Fitness freaks vs. non-exercising population.
 
2. On which side of the answer to #1 do you fall?
 
Fitness freak.  Duh!  Viva videofitness.com!
 
3. How long, on average, does it take you to get rid of someone trying to sell you something over the phone?
 
It's been awhile since I've heard the voice of a telemarketer, but back in the good ol' days (2003), it probably took me less than 10 seconds.
 
4. What is the most expensive object you have ever broken on purpose? ('when angry' counts as 'on purpose' even if you regretted it soon afterwards)
 
I once threw a pricy necklace across a room.  Who it belongs to, I won't disclose. ;)
 
5. What is your preferred method of sharpening a knife?
 
I suppose flint or something blunt.
 
6. In your view, is it more important for the Americans to adopt a less confrontational foreign policy, or to learn how to pronounce the word "aluminium"?
 
FYI, this quiz was created by a Brit.  Yes to the first, but no the second. 
 
7. If you had the opportunity to become immortal, would you take it?
 
Absolutely.
 
 
8. On balance, are you angry about the part of the monitor tube that is covered by the plastic housing, or pleased about the extra 24 bytes in a kilobyte?
 
Uh, the first I guess.
 
9. If you buy something for 99p with a £1 coin, do you really want the 1p back?
 
No, it's not a biggie.
 
10. Do you trust that fancy new paint which goes on pink and dries white?
 
Never tried it.  I'll have to get back to you on that one.
 
11. Have you ever combined a Burger King burger with McDonalds fries in persuit of the ultimate fast food experience?
 
No, but the day after my 22nd birthday, I was so hungover, I ate Burger King, Hardees, and Dunkin Donuts all in the same day.
 
12. Do you own a box of those little plastic rings for reinforcing punched holes?
 
No, but I did in high school.
 
13. If you could issue one decree as an absolute monarch, what would it be?
 
All the men on my "Sexy Men Index" would have to be my slaves for a good 2 or 3 years.
 
14. If copies are free, do you check the settings first, or just press the button and see what happens?
 
I always check the settings.
 
15. If you had to have one, and only one bumper sticker, what would it say?
 
I hate bumper stickers. Period.
 
16. What objects would you be nervous if you didn't have a spare for?
 
My apartment keys.  I've come close to losing them more times than I can count.
 
17. If you bought a new BMW 520i, would you choose the "Delete badge" option?
 
That car is so dated.
 
18. What was the last thing you shouted while alone in a car?
 
It's been awhile.  Probably "Oh shit!"
 
19. What is your typical path through a supermarket?
 
I usually start from the outer aisles and work my way in.
 
20. Do you lick the underside of the foil top when eating a pot of yoghurt?
 
Yes.  It's yogurt, btw.  Silly Brits!
 
21. Do you abbreviate the words "you", "are", “to” and “for” in text messages?
 
Only if I'm in a hurry.  I hate lazy writing otherwise.
 
22. Have you ever tried to use an optical mouse on a mirror, just to see what happened?
 
No, should I?
 
23. If you were alone at the time, what would be the least hygienic location from which you'd be prepared to retrieve and eat a potato chip you'd just dropped?
 
Probably my apartment floor.
 
24. With reference to #23, where would overstep the mark?
 
The bathroom floor. 
 
25. Have you ever read the documentation for your company pension scheme?
 
Lol, no.  I didn't even think they have one.
 
 
26. How many of the Asterix / Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy / Terry Pratchett / Harry Potter books have you read?
 
All seven of the Harry Potter books.
 
27. How many greetings cards have you sent in the last 12 months?
 
Maybe 3 or 4.
 
28. A criminal maniac invites you to "Pick a city for destruction, Mr. Bond." Which one do you choose?
 
Cleveland.  No doubt about that.
 
29. Which font do you use most often?
 
Times New Roman.  It's the old standby.
 
30. What happened the last time you applied excessive force to an inanimate object?
 
I'm weird, but not THAT weird.
 
 
31. Can you tell whether a Union Jack is hung the right way up?
 
Yes, actually.  Not bad from an American.
 
32. If it was a matter of life or death, what is the earliest month for which you could produce your bank statement?
 
November
 
33. If you could choose any person living or dead, who would you most like to hit repeatedly in the face with a small wooden gavel?
 
Haha, I shouldn't answer that once since this person is alive and well.
 
34. If you had the choice between a petrol chainsaw or a bread knife, which would you use for felling a small tree with a 1" diameter trunk?
 
The bread knife.  I don't know my way around a petrol chainsaw.
 
35. If you could ban one figure of speech, one acronym and one word, what would they be?
 
F*g or "That's so gay."  It's just so annoying and immature.
 
36. If you ran over a teddy bear lying in the road, would you feel guilty?
 
Hell no.  He should have gotten out of my way.
 
37. If your house was besieged, which consumable would you run out of last - assuming you didn't starve?
 
?  Maybe the dried fruit.
 
38. List the BBC national radio stations in order of preference as driving companions.
 
1, 2, and 4.  Yes, I do know what the BBC is and yes, I do listen to it occasionally.
 
39. When making a graph in MS Excel, do you place it on a separate sheet or on the sheet with the source data?
 
This question is just as boring as using Excel.  To answer the question, yes.
 
40. Which way up do you hold a map when travelling South?
 
I use GPS.  It's 2010.  Get with it!
 
41. How would you answer a 5 year-old who asked you why the sky is blue?
 
I colored with Crayola'd Blizzard Blue crayon.
 
42. When did you last use a highlighter pen?
 
 
43. On a scale of 1 to 10, how confident are you that you know when to use a semicolon?
 
Maybe 7 or 8.  Ask Dr. Schuh...I'm sure she'd give me a 3.
 
44. What proportion of the CDs you own are in their original cases right now?
 
All of them.  I haven't used a CD since 2005. 
 
45. What songs, television shows, books, paintings etc are you irrationally embarrassed to admit that you don’t like?
 
Glee, Lost, etc.  I dislike a lot of popular things.
 
46. Based on sound rather than content, which person’s voice irritates you the most?
 
I'd rather not say ;)
 
47. How accurate is the time on your watch?
 
I'd say pretty accurate.
 
48. Have you ever written to, emailed or telephoned a newspaper, radio station, TV programme etc? If so, what did you say? 
 
I once wrote to Glen Beck, telling him he sucked at life.
 
49. Do you, in the most fundamental depths of your soul, give a crap about the extinction of the Red Cockaded Woodpecker?
 
I do actually.
 
50. What is the cheapest thing you’ve bought with a debit or credit card in the past month?

Starbucks coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment